I was nominated by Grace over at Graceofthesun for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
First I was SURPRISED and ELATED then I was a bit perplexed because being new to blogging I didn’t know 11 bloggers well enough to nominate them nor did I want to do it just to check a box. So it took me a few weeks to get to this point where I can meaningfully engage other bloggers as part of the acceptance of this award.
Having said that, Graceofthesun is an eclectic collection of inspirational, aspirational, motivational and captivating poems written by the gifted and prolific Grace—she posts at least once per day. You’ll be spoilt for choices of great pieces to read and interact with. Don’t believe me?! Go see for yourself at Graceofthesun!
Grace it’s been a joy delving into your work and along the way gaining an e-friend. Thanks for the nomination friend. Now here are my long-over-due-better-late-than-never 😉 responses:
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
Being a connector of people.
- What makes you laugh the most?
A good bit of comedy. Comedians have that “3rd eye” and I enjoy seeing the world through their comedic expressions.
- If you met you, would you want to be your friend and why?
Well yes of course😉 Not to toot my own horn but since you asked: I’m transparent—what you see is what you get. I’m honest and loyal. You’ll have a ride-an’-die friend for life.
- What do you like most about yourself?
The traits I mentioned in #3.
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Perish the thought!! 😉 Food is too culturally, ethnically, geographically and seasonally diverse to even fathom only one type of meal.
- If you can be anyone else in the world, who would you be or would you be yourself? (please explain)
Hands down I’d be myself—because no one can do what I do the way I do it and that would be a loss to the world.
- Who is your hero?
Another hands down—my encourager, behind-the-scene-supporter, motivator, sacrifice-maker, unconditional-love-giver MOM!
- What motivates you most?
Being MAD. Yes, MAD—Making A Difference in people’s lives.
- What did you want to be when you were small?
A model. I turned out to be an International Civil Servant…go figure uh?!
- If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
Do what billionaires do with billionaires’ money (cha ching 💰)!
- Would you say you are resentful or can you let go of things easily?
I’m a water-off-duck-back kinda girl.
To the following bloggers, having engaged with your blogs I’d like to NOMINATE YOU for the Sunshine Blogger Award (if not yet received):
- Eliza: elizawaters.wordpress.com
- Eugi: ·amanpan.com
- Fandango: ·fivedotoh.com
- Mason: www.masonsmenagerie.wordpress.com
- Michele: myinspiredlife.org
- Ritish: theblogera.com
- Sadje: lifeafter50forwomen.wordpress.com
- Shweta: thesoulsearchersite.wordpress.com
- Sheri: aislesoflife.com
- Tony: thepoetic1com.wordpress.com
These are the QUESTIONS for my nominees (should you choose to accept):
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s the best part of having your blog?
- How long have you had your blog?
- Do you still celebrate blog milestones?
- What’s your fondest childhood memory?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Where’s is the most beautiful place you’ve visited?
- What is one lesson you’re learning/have learned from this pandemic?
- Chose ONE word to describe yourself.
- What is your favorite day of the week?
- If any movie star could play you in your movie, who would that be?
Nominees, should you choose to nominate others, these are the RULES 😉
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.